The blog for recommendations, game codes, first looks and most importantly, STUFF!

Sunday, January 15, 2017

just a short word after all these years

Hi.

It's been, what, 3 years since I last wrote on this blog. It makes me happy to see that it has 26,000+ pageviews, but when I see that most of it comes from weird websites, I can't help but feel a little down.

I'm not very young like I used to be. My English standard might have dropped (yes, my 12-year-old self could have written better than the current me, there is a possibility) and now I'm a gamer, a visual novel reader and an anime watcher. All the games that I used to play have changed majorly somewhat in some way, or have already shut it's doors to many gamers who used to play it frequently, myself included.

Ahh, it gives me a wave of nolstagia just to read this blog again. Maybe I should start writing again. Or maybe I should just leave this blog back in the dust where it belongs. But I feel like I need to write again.

If you're a person who's fond of writing- do you ever get that tingling sensation in your hands sometimes when you feel the need to write? I'm feeling that now, and that's why I'm writing-- well, not writing, but typing.

The world has changed so much since back then.

Donald Trump won the presidential election.
The Dab came about.
The terrorist extravaganza took up many headlines.
And well, I grew fatter. Or more horizontally challenged, as much might say. (just kidding. I'm not that fat.)

Well, if you're reading this, thanks for listening to my brain fart.
And if SOMEHOW you've been following this blog for all these years, I apologise and thank you at the same time.

If you want to contact me, you can always add me on https://steamcommunity.com/id/xtreme360/ and say something like, "Hi, I read your old blog," or something.

Well, this is where I stop writing for now.
See you sometime.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Caleb,
    Damn it's been a while lol. It's "Dumb Cow" again, just more philosophical, more experienced and having sustained 2 years of crippling depression (haha). I've followed a palpably different rite and am now writing on Medium instead (https://medium.com/@leekern). Instead of my cringey and superficial Minecraft update reviews I've turned to the likes of Machiavelli, Karl Marx and Friedrich Nietzsche to guide me in writing nugatory philosophical crap that has been read by an astonishing total of 40 people (if you want to improve English fast, head to the philosophy section of the bookstore to be welcomed with an extravaganza of pretence, hypocrisy, bigotry and bullshit).

    Well I've given up on nostalgia as it seems to merely be a glorified form of inertia, however I would love to see you writing again! (just not in the form of Amos Yes HAHAHAHAHAHA I've nearly been there).

    As for lolli...anime, I've been to the depths of Akihabara and I genuinely regret that decision lol

    Ok I don't game so I'm not on steam but you can contact me though Instagram @dumbtroll . Maybe we could collab on something.

    Best wishes,
    Dumb Cow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey dude! I hope you haven't become a lolicon lol
      I didn't expect any response at all from this post, to be honest. It's really great to hear from you again.

      No short amount of time has passed since we last corresponded (if I remember correctly, it was when I chose to close this blog for good). Whether it is Minecraft or Philosophy, it is really refreshing to see that you're still writing. It's a really good habit, and I must say I'm pretty impressed. I might take up your suggestion of reading a book or two on philosophy, I've been quite interested in said topic for a while but I have never really explored it before. I really hope my English will improve through that too, heh.

      That being said, I'm really unsure of whether to pick up my pen (figuratively speaking since this is a keyboard) again. I have tried writing on Wattpad before and after awhile, it seems like a chore just to constantly update whatever you post. Besides, I'm not even sure about what exactly to write.... But should I start again, I'll be sure to give you a notification first ;)

      Look out for my Instagram follower request. you'll know it when you see it.

      hope to hear from you soon :D

      Delete